Who are we?
- The Parish Council is a tier of local government
- The Parish has seven Councillors elected by the residents every four years. The next election is in May 2019. The Parish Council also has a part-time Clerk. For more information on your Councillors and Clerk click here
The main Parish Council responsibilities include:
- Ownership and management of the children's playground
- Review and comment on planning applications within the Parish
- Liaise with relevant authorities regarding infrastructure/policing/community issues to represent your views and get the best advantage for the local area
- Let contracts for footpath maintenance
- Engage with all interested parties regarding current and future shape of life in the local area
- Deliver Welcome Packs to new residents moving into the village
- Organise village litter picks
- Organise and host the Annual Village Meeting
When we meet
- We hold six meetings per year, all of which the public are keenly invited to attend. For more details on the dates, times and venue of Council meetings, please click here.